Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Animoto

Animoto was an easy to use tool, but I doubt I will use again. I cannot see an application in the classroom for it. And, most of our track team videos (which is what my short is about) include a lot of video as well as still pictures and have traditionally been authored in something more complex like Adobe Premiere. I do intend to tell my college aged daughter about it though as I expect she would like to use it quite a bit.

I choose pictures from our track team (all have been posted on the web before with permission from the kids’ so no issues there). I had many to choose from as my wife was the team photographer for years and showed me where the files were stored on her computer. I choose pictures that displayed numerous track activities. It was easy to upload and reorder the photos. Uploading the song track was equally simple. I was impressed with the ability to pick a starting point in the music for the Animoto short. For my short video, the beginning of the song would not have worked.

I then posted the Animoto to my blog following the simple instructions and it worked!

No comments: